SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 19 January 2024

SHETLAND BIRD NEWS & MORE!

Rare  Bird  Alert  News 
 Beluga Whale  still off West Ayre, Hillswick.

https://www.nature-shetland.co.uk/latest-sightings

I was the only one at work today as Catherine had annual leave and Jen couldn't get in because of the snow. First time I have been at work on a Friday, had a productive and positive day and it was so nice to have chocolate pudding and custard in the canteen for a change. 😋 I have almost run out of food now and yes I could walk to Tescos quite easily, but being as I'm potentially moving on Monday, I might go to the hospital canteen for lunch at the weekend, might as well, closest place to me and cheapest!

I kept my coat on when I got home, it felt colder in the house than it normally does. Fell asleep on sofa with mental exhaustion from yesterday and later discovered why it felt so cold – the large (old and rusty) storage heater in the hallway was stone cold and not working! This is the second one to stop working in a matter of weeks. Good job I have my late parent's Dimplex heaters for emergencies! The estates team won't be able to come out to fix that until Monday at least.

The snow novelty has worn off now. Snowing for most of the day again. Still can’t get keys to my new house and to read metres. My car and others still stuck in drifts of snow in my uncleared road! Many abandoned cars throughout Shetland reported by news sources and many people still stuck at home and unable to get out. Fingers crossed for the forecast heavy rain and big thaw over the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Take care and make sure you keep warm and well fed. Hopefully the move will be on Monday xx

    ReplyDelete