SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Tuesday 16 January 2024

SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, SNOW NEWS & BIRTHDAY NEWS!

 Rare  Bird  Alert  News 
Glaucous Gull, Iceland Gull at Pool of Virkie.

https://www.nature-shetland.co.uk/latest-sightings

The deepest snow I have seen for many, many years!

From my window this morning!
 
My car!

Steps down to my communual garden and NHS block of four houses
 
All my plants – hope they survive!
The concrete bird bath is under there somewhere, wish I had removed the water before it iced up!


I had a message from Ian Reid to say they could not move me on Thursday, but will on Friday "if weather permits". Ferries cancelled, schools cancelled, public transport cancelled and many people in Shetland snowed in! Personally, the extreme weather doesn't bother me in the slightest, except for the fact I'm supposed to be moving.

I don't think Ian Reid will be able to get into my street and all the cars here are blocked in with snow, so they are not going to be able to move or want to anyway and not for an articulated lorry to park up! The road I'm moving to is extremely narrow and Ian Reid has to back their lorry up this narrow road in order to get to my house. This road is seriously steep, I just can't see it happening! Oh well, I'll get moved at some point! Its still snowing now and getting worse at 22.45. ⛄

Fabulous pictures of Shetland today:

 

" HAPPY BIRTHDAY MALCOLM "

Our closest family friend since we were all youngsters

Lovely to catch up with you this evening!

Best Wishes Penny xx

🦋 🦎 🐞 📷 🐛 🐚 🐝

1 comment:

  1. Patience Penny, patience.... as you say, you'll get there..... in time.... think of it as waiting for that lifer to come round from the back of the bush and somewhere you can photograph it!!
    Meantime, try and find suitable birds in the snow for this year's seasonal posts!!

    ReplyDelete